Morning Meditation & Mindfulness Practice
The goal at 10 Acre Ranch is to equip men with the skills they need to live a meaningful life in lasting recovery. Meditation and mindfulness are cornerstones to our program, so each day at the Ranch begins with morning meditation. Our integrated12-step programs help residents set and achieve meditation goals, and our credentialed therapists encourage them to adopt a post-rehab meditation practice as part of a healthy, vibrant lifestyle.
Setting Meditation Goals
No matter what your spiritual beliefs, meditation is an opportunity for contemplation, reflection and mindfulness. While meditation objectives are individual, religious and non-religious goals include:
- Emptying the mind of stressful thoughts
- Concentrating on breath & promoting relaxation
- Learning to live in the moment
- Breaking the tendency to overthink
- Increasing energy & improving health
- Developing compassion, grace & patience
- Handling emotionally charged situations
Daily Readings, Reflection & Meditation
Morning meditation is a collaborative part of our social model for lasting recovery. Mornings at 10 Acre Ranch begin with group members reading day-by-day books. After engaging with the day’s entry, the group shares thoughts about how it applies to today’s treatment challenges.
Therapists help residents achieve recovery goals by teaching the basic principles of relaxation and guiding participants through meditation. Time for private meditation practice is provided and mindfulness is encouraged. Residents are taught to become aware of inner feelings, thoughts and emotions and to detach these observations from misplaced self-judgment.
Mindfulness & Addiction Recovery
Fighting cravings, avoiding triggers, and making drastic behavioral changes takes energy. A mindfulness practice is important to achieving and maintaining long-term sobriety and finding joy in a substance-free life. Incorporating meditation and mindfulness into the recovery toolbox yields these benefits:
- Reduction of stress through deep-breathing techniques
- Greater self-awareness & self-acceptance
- Improved ability to ward off depression, lower blood pressure & boost the immune system
- Greater emotional awareness & control
- Sense of safety when examining unpleasant thoughts & emotions
- Improved energy & motivation for maintaining sobriety
- Awareness of triggers & cravings
- Renewed sense of joy & meaning
California Addiction Treatment for Men
At 10 Acre Ranch, men who have lost hope for recovery find the tools and treatment they need to finally achieve lasting sobriety. To learn more about meditation and goal coaching or to tour our facility and request an estimate for treatment, submit a confidential inquiry today.