10 Acre Ranch drug rehab is a social treatment model that emphasizes therapeutic group activities like anger management, cognitive therapy, and 12-step programming. Living in a supportive community prevents clients from becoming alienated during recovery, and teaches them interpersonal skills that are helpful during and after rehabilitation. While group therapy is a powerful tool in the recovering addict’s arsenal, individual therapy may also be recommended for addiction treatment.
Benefits of an Individual Therapy Approach
10 Acre Ranch’s marriage and family therapists facilitate one-on-one therapy sessions on an as-needed basis, giving participants the opportunity to:
- Break through sensitive emotional and psychological barriers. Some topics are too private to discuss in a group setting, but must be addressed. One-on-one therapy sessions are a safe place to air these confidential concerns.
- Expand upon group learning. In a one-to-one setting, residents can further build on what they have learned in their process groups as they learn to apply it to their lives.
- Delve deeper. During private therapy sessions, participants have more time to focus on the root of their addiction and develop an individualized plan for managing stress and avoiding relapse triggers.
- Receive treatment for co-occurring disorders. If a client receives a dual diagnosis, they must be treated for their co-occurring mental illness and their addiction to optimize recovery success. Private therapy gives residents a chance to process coexisting conditions like depression, eating disorders, and post-traumatic stress disorder so they do not become barriers to recovery.
- Involve family members. While families do not participate in group therapy, 10 Acre Ranch therapists may choose to invite family members to individual therapy sessions to address conflict, co-dependency, trauma, and other consequences of addiction.
Request Information about Individual Addiction Therapy
Self-isolation is a common characteristic of substance abusers. The 10 Acre Ranch social model approach teaches residents to connect with and support other group members during the behavior modification process. In some cases, private therapy sessions may also be needed to delve into relapse motivation, addiction history, and coexisting diagnoses. To learn more about our Southern California men’s rehab facility or request individual therapy information, submit a confidential inquiry today. Our drug treatment center serves men 18 and older, and we work with your budget and insurance to cover treatment costs and relieve payment stress.