The Pros of Alumni Support Programs
Alumni support programs in addiction treatment are becoming increasingly popular — and an integral part of the continuum of care offered to clients. And, why not? After all, being part of a recovery community can only work to strengthen your sobriety.
Especially during early recovery, when relapse rates are the highest, learning from and socializing with others who have been there is crucial for helping you to stay strong and to feel supported in this fight. Addiction can be pretty isolating — and alumni programs remind you that you’re not alone, nor do you ever have to be alone again. Having a built-in network of support can also help you to feel human again.
In general, alumni programs connect you with others who have also completed addiction treatment at the same facility and who have been clean and sober for some time. Alumni participate in educational, social and recreational activities to help individuals find the peer and community supports linked to long-term recovery success.
How Alumni Support Programs Can Help You
Here are a few more ways that an alumni program can strengthen your recovery.
- Practice life skills and other tools learned to help you stay sober.
- Refine essential relapse prevention techniques.
- Make meaningfully connections with like-minded individuals.
- Stay motivated by meeting others who are winning at lasting sobriety.
- Share and learn from your collective experiences.
- Avoid the tendency to self-isolate.
- Stay in touch with people who you formed friendships with during rehab.
- Develop a network of people whom you can trust.
About Our Alumni Support at 10 Acre Ranch
Our dedicated alumni coordinators are passionate about helping you stay focused on your recovery while having lots of fun. One way that 10 Acre Ranch alumni stay involved is with weekly softball games. To learn more, call today: 877-228-4679.