The Warning Signs of Relapse
At 10 Acre Ranch, we know that recovery is far from a straight path – with lots of ups and downs and successes and disappointments. This is why throughout every phase of our rehab, we give our male clients the tools to understand and prevent a return to drug or alcohol abuse.
The first step: Having an awareness of the emotional triggers that often signal impending relapse. Here are a few common signs:
- You’re feeling negative or hopeless. If you have a growing feeling of a heavy weight on your shoulders, or if everyday tasks become burdensome, you may be in danger of relapse.
- You’re easily angered: When small things start to set you off, it’s a warning sign that shouldn’t be ignored. Another signal: You’re getting into more arguments with friends, family members and even co-workers.
- You’re becoming complacent: Being confident in your recovery is great, but overconfidence that leads to neglected recovery tasks or reckless behavior is a telltale sign of impending relapse.
- You’re more stressed: We all have worries – and some days are easier than others when it comes to managing anxiety. However, if you find yourself at a breaking point – and it’s negatively impacting your relationships, career and daily tasks – you need to seek help.
- You’re becoming isolated: Isolation is a slippery slope into relapse. On the other hand, surrounding yourself with supportive, sober people will help reinforce your recovery.
Relapse Prevention at 10 Acre
Our clients participate in groups in order to learn from and support one another as they develop individualized post-treatment plans. In some cases, private therapy sessions may also be needed to delve into relapse motivation, addiction history and coexisting diagnoses. To learn more about our social treatment model and relapse prevention program, call today: 877-228-4679.