Meditate Your Way to a Better Recovery
Rise and shine and meditate is the motto at 10 Acre Ranch. Our daily morning meditation sessions help our male clients begin the day with a calm and open mind. And this state of calm can be revisited during the darkest hours of addiction recovery.
Meditation, which has been study-proven to reduce stress, blood pressure and fatigue, is also important for achieving and maintaining long-term sobriety and finding joy in a substance-free life. The ancient practice can help keep you centered, motivated and energized so you can focus on your present task at hand – to fight cravings, avoid triggers, make behavioral changes and other recovery essentials.
At 10 Acre Ranch, our meditation sessions help clients to:
- Empty the mind of stressful thoughts
- Concentrate on breath and relaxation
- Live in the moment
- Avoid over-thinking
- Boost overall health and energy
- Develop compassion, grace and patience
- Better handle emotionally charged situations
Here are a few more ways that meditation can help in your day to day recovery and lasting sobriety:
- Stress: You’ll learn to fend off stress and calm anxiety – both of which can threaten your sobriety – with slow breathing.
- Cravings: You’ll learn to be in the present and to think before you react, essential to fighting cravings.
- Triggers: You’ll learn to be more mindful of your actions and behavior patterns, including triggers.
- Self-acceptance: You’ll learn to notice your thoughts and accept them without passing judgment or getting caught up in their stories or meanings. This helps you develop a better understanding of yourself.
- Emotions: You’ll learn to become more in control of emotional turbulence.
Meditation and Addiction Recovery for Men
At 10 Acre Ranch, meditation is both an individual and a collaborative process. Our trained therapists teach clients the basic principles of relaxation and take them through guided meditations. To learn more about our rehab, call today: 877-228-4679.