Benefits of a Social Model of Recovery
Studies have shown that the “social model” approach to rehab, which emphasizes peer support and the process of learning through ‘‘doing’’ and ‘‘experiencing’’ and providing positive role models, is an integral part of drug and alcohol treatment. Here are just a few of the many benefits of this type of addiction treatment:
- It assists with ongoing recovery through mastery of experiences and finding meaning, purpose, and social connections in your lives.
- It helps individuals to develop healthy interpersonal skills critical to long-term recovery.
- It provides real-life experience for living and thriving in a community.
- It prevents isolation and loneliness — something that many men struggle with along their journey toward sobriety.
- It promotes greater support and empathy.
- It emphasizes trust, respect, confidentiality and compassion.
- It encourages clients to share their relapse stories, which decreases a sense of self-loathing experienced by many who relapse and allows individuals to refocus their energies toward reestablishing abstinence.
- It helps clients learn to prevent and cope with crises.
- It builds strong, positive social coping behaviors and social support systems.
At 10 Acre Ranch, our social treatment model facilitates fellowship and fun as clients support one another throughout the recovery process. Clients live together, prep meals together, and attend support group sessions in our homelike six-bed facility. They also participate in softball tournaments, movie nights, supervised outings, and daily exercise outings to a private racquetball club and gym.
Would a Social Model of Addiction Treatment Work for You?
At our beautiful Southern California addiction treatment center, our male clients have daily opportunities to experience life together and to become an integral part of a thriving community for those in recovery from addiction. To learn more about our social model of recovery or to discuss specific treatment needs for you or someone you love, call us today: 877-228-4679. We’re ready to help.